Friday, September 19, 2008

Feedsack Charm Squares

I love feedsack fabric.  I love it so much that I decided to write another post about it.  But, I am going to be lazy this time and not provide you with another illuminating, albeit brief, history of this type of fabric.  If you are dying to know ALL about (okay, a little bit about) feedsack fabric, you might want to check out my last post.  Today, I am only going to present you with pictures of some small pieces I have.  

My sister, a supremely talented quilter, gave me a big stack of feedsack charm squares.  I am not sure why they are called charm squares, but maybe because they are cute and charming? Anyhow, they are 4" squares that are pre-cut and I assume they are used for patchwork quilting.  However, I don't quilt, so I don't know for sure.  I suppose I could do some top notch research and find out via google, but it really is all I can do to publish a blog every so often.  I just love the fabric, so I will leave it at that.  I think there are about 40 in the stack I have, but I have only included twenty five.  These are all pretty great, I think.

Gotta love these colors....


More fantastic colors.  I really, really love this one....


More pink and blue....


Simple, darling....


This is one of my favorites.  It has a kind of Pennsylvania Dutch feel to it....


I think this is another favorite.  The colors are unusual and fantastic...


This is another pretty unusual one that I have seen...


More loveliness....


More really cute pink and blue....


Maybe those are violets and asters?  Maybe they are made up?  Who knows.  I just like the colors!


More crazy fake flowers...


This one is pretty spare, but I love it...


This is neat.  It looks like it might be from the 1950's....


A really great shade of blue.  I think that is supposed to be a poppy, but do they actually come in blue?


I would love to see this one as a big piece....


Oh, absolutely gorgeous!


Another beautiful red and white piece....


another geometric....


And again.  This might be my favorite shade of green.  Or of any color, for that matter...


This is a super cool pattern with great colors....


More green geometry....


Okay, now this is one of my favorites....


And this one.  Actually, can you have more than one favorite?  I guess since it is my blog, I can do what I want!  Haha!


More funny, imaginative flowers....


And, lastly, stripes.  I love the variety of widths and colors.


I am not sure what I am going to do with all these.  I might make some coasters out of them. But probably not a quilt!  If anyone has any knowledge about charm squares and feedsacks, I would love to know more about them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved this: "I guess since it is my blog, I can do what I want! Haha!"

I got to the end of the post and saw your comment about making coasters with them. It was funny, because the whole time I was looking at them (so darned cute!) I was thinking...Gee, they would make wonderful coasters as a gift, especially for someone who loves to garden.......

Betsy

Dandelion Factory said...

Golly, would that be a hint? :-)

No1 said...

Holy Moly! I love them.